District Conferences to serve as early drop-off points for relief supplies
The 38th annual Ingathering, a service event that benefits United Methodist relief ministries in Arkansas and worldwide, is set for Nov. 21, 2015 at the Arkansas Rice Depot in Little Rock.
For those who cannot attend, but want to participate by contributing relief supplies to send to the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), this year’s District Conferences will serve as early drop-off sites.
Schedule of District Conferences:
- Central District: Sept. 13 at 2:30 p.m. – First UMC North Little Rock, 6701 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, North Little Rock, AR 72116
- Northeast District: Sept. 13 at 3 p.m. – First UMC Newport, 217 Laurel Street, Newport, AR 72112
- Northwest District: Sept. 13 at 3 p.m. – Grace Community UMC Fort Smith, 4001 Brooken Hill Drive, Fort Smith, AR 72908
- Southeast District: Sept. 27 at 4 p.m. – First UMC Stuttgart, 307 E. 4th Street, Stuttgart, AR 72160
- Southwest District: Sept. 20 at 3 p.m. – Gurdon UMC, 201 E. Walnut Street, Gurdon, AR 71743
Special notes for early drop-off sites:
- Please do not bring items to the early drop-off sites before the date of District Conference. Most locations will not have on-site storage for these items, and will be loading them directly onto a Disaster Response trailer that day for transport.
- Please do not bring Tornado Tubs this year. They are only distributed within Arkansas, and the Conference Disaster Response Team currently has a stock of hundreds.
Monetary gifts associated with Ingathering should not be left at early drop-off sites. They should be mailed to the Arkansas Conference at the address on the Ingathering form available at www.arumc.org/ingathering2015.. Enclose the completed form along with the funds. No cash should be included in any of the relief supply kits.
If you plan to attend Ingathering on Nov. 21, pre-registration is recommended. Groups are welcome if the adult-to-child ratio is in accordance with Rice Depot guidelines. No children under age 10 are permitted. To register, visit www.arumc.org/ingathering2015.