Boot Camp – For Lay Supply & Local Pastors
Boot Camp for First Time Lay Supply & Local Pastors or for anyone who wants to learn what’s expected of you in your ministry setting!
This Boot Camp will be coming to a location near you in your district or you may attend in another district if that’s more convenient for you!
July 30 – Clarksville UMC at 10:00—Noon – Presenters: Rev. Dede Roberts & Becky Neighbors
Newport First UMC at 10:00—Noon – Presenters: Dr. Blake Bradford & Fonda Kirkman
August 5 – Central District Office (Maumelle) 2:00-4:00 – Presenters: Dr. Blake Bradford & Fonda Kirkman
August 6 – Prescott First UMC – 10:00—Noon – Presenters: Dr. Blake Bradford & Fonda Kirkman
Grand Avenue UMC (Hot Springs) – 10:00—Noon – Presenters: Rev. Dede Roberts & Becky Neighbors
We need to know that you’re coming so we have plenty of handouts. Sign up by clicking this link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e44afa82ea64-boot
Some of the things you will learn:
- Mission statement & trajectory for the Annual conference.
- Expectations for serving a local church and being a part of the connectional system
- Who do you report to: Bishop, District Superintendent, Circuit Elder, PPRC?
- Social Media – How can you use social media for ministry?
- Sacraments, weddings, funerals, communion, baptisms—Can I preside at these?
- How do you handle confidentiality issues, sacred conversations – Annual Timeline – July-June – Year at a glance—What is expected of you next?
- Learn about: weekly reporting with Vital Signs online, tithe Initiative collections, tracking year end statistics and preparation, charge conferences, how to track membership, MissionInsite for your ministry setting, and conference and district websites and newsletters.
- How do you relate to your Circuit Elders?
- You are the administrative officer of the church. What does that mean?
- Acronyms—What do they stand for? GBHEM, BOM, GCFA
- DCOM & BOM – What is your relationship with them?
- Annual Conference – Do you really need to attend?
- What is the Book of Discipline? – BOD 2012 (wait for January 2016!)
- Clergy compensation form & Clergy tax issues — quarterly estimates – Does this affect you?
- How do I obtain an ARUMC email address?
- What is the Center for Vitality and the Center for Technology and what can they do for me?
AND . . . . MUCH MORE!